The 10 Most Dangerous Hiking Trails In The World
Geege Schuman stashed this in Hiking
SPECTACULAR VIEWS IN DANGEROUS PLACESThe two are often linked together: spectacular views and dangerous places. Lots of hiking enthusiasts go to remote locations, rough terrain and overcome major challenges. To get there sometimes takes a lot of courage to face the dangerous man-made hiking trails. These trails are not meant for the beginner hiker and definitely not for those for the feint of heart.
The dangers that we’re speaking of are:
- Wooden planks suspended thousands of feet in the air
- Chains hanging from the side of a cliff
- Narrow steps the width of one foot width
- Bridges that swing while crossing
- Wooden Ladders that are miles high with squeaky nails
- Locations that are filled with dangerous wildlife
And let's not forget:
More than 72 people fell victim to this hike up Mount Pinatubo’s crater lake. The last eruption was second largest recorded this century planting 15 million tons of sulfur gas onto the mountain. The hike is quite easy but the dangerous part is the volcano’s tendency to blow up again.
This seems like a good application of virtual reality. MUCH safer.