Don't try to "fix" anyone.
Adam Rifkin stashed this in #lifehacks
Interestingly, my five favorite tips from Julien's 20 things to know at 20 are the last five, and they are appropriate at any age:
16. Sleep well. This and cooking will help with the six pack. If you think "I can sleep when I'm dead" or "I have too much to do to sleep," I have news for you: you are INEFFICIENT, and sleep deprivation isn't helping.
17. Get a reminder app for everything. Do not trust your own brain for your memory. Do not trust it for what you "feel like" you should be doing. Trust only the reminder app. I use RE.minder and Action Method.
18. Choose something huge to do, as well as allowing the waves of opportunity to help you along. If you don't set goals, some stuff may happen, but if you do choose, lots more will.
19. Get known for one thing. Spend like 5 years doing it instead of flopping around all over the place. If you want to shift afterwards, go ahead. Like I said, choose something.
20. Don't try to "fix" anyone. Instead, look for someone who isn't broken.
One exception to #20: yourself. :)
Be yourself, but keep improving yourself.
Does #20 mean I can't nag you to go to the gym with me? :P
You're #17 -- my Reminder app for going to the gym.
Besides, I don't make you go to the gym so I can fix you. I make you go so I can laugh at your pain and suffering! :D