4 Out of 5 Managers Shouldn't Be In Charge
Only 1 in 10 people has what it takes to be a great manager.
Gallup finds that great managers have the following talents:
- They motivate every single employee to take action and engage employees with a compelling mission and vision.
- They have the assertiveness to drive outcomes and the ability to overcome adversity and resistance.
- They create a culture of clear accountability.
- They build relationships that create trust, open dialogue, and full transparency.
- They make decisions based on productivity, not politics.
Yes, it is indeed rare to find all five of these skills in a manager/leader. Yet the good news is that 1 in 5 people have the potential to develop these skills if they are invested in. Apparently companies should invest much more in leadership development.
I believe that. It would be good to see companies investing in people instead of vice versa!