The Bulletproof Diet
Adam Rifkin stashed this in Nutrition!
1. Eliminate sugar (including fruit juices and sports drinks that contain HFCS, honey, and agave) .
2. Replace the sugar calories with healthy fats from the Bulletproof Diet such as grass-fed butter, ghee, and MCT or coconut oil.
3. Eliminate gluten in any shape or form. This includes bread, cereal, and pasta. Do not make the mistake of resorting to gluten free junk food, which can be almost as bad.
4. Remove grains, grain derived oils, and vegetable oils such as corn, soy, and canola. Also remove unstable polyunsaturated oils such as walnut, flax, and peanut oil.
5. Eliminate all synthetic additives, colorings, and flavorings. This includes aspartame, MSG, dyes, and artificial flavorings.
6. Eat significant amounts of pastured, grass-fed meat from big ruminant animals such as beef, lamb, and bison. Pair this with fish, eggs, and shellfish.
7. Eliminate legumes such as peanuts, beans, and lentils. If you must have your beans, soak, sprout (or ferment), and cook them.
8. Remove all processed, homogenized, and pasteurized dairy. High fat items can be pasteurized, but they should be grass-fed. Full fat, raw, whole dairy from grass-fed cows is okay for most people.
9. Switch to grass-fed meat and wild caught seafood. Eat pastured eggs and some pork, chickens, turkeys, and ducks.
10. Switch to organic fruits and vegetables. This is more important for some plants than others. See this site for details.
11. Cook your food gently, if at all. Incorporate water into your cooking whenever possible and use low temperatures. Do not use a microwave or fry.
12. Limit fruit consumption to 1-2 servings per day. Favor low fructose containing fruits like berries and lemons over watermelon and apples.
13. Add spices and other flavorings from the Bulletproof Diet. Favor herb based spices such as thyme and rosemary over powders. Use high quality ones, recently opened.
14. Enjoy your food.
this guy is nuts... I want to meet him.
Heh heh. He makes his own coffee. :)
that actually concerns me... his claims are plausible, imo.... but a biohack scammer would say and sell the same things.
Sounds like the Paleolithic diet. Is this guy one of those Crossfit zealots?
He has a process where he started with the Paleo diet and keeps optimizing it.
To the point where he's making his own coffee because existing coffees aren't optimized for the diet.
It's a little crazy but the people who do it swear by it.
More on the website: http://www.bulletproofexec.com/
i'm wondering if any coffee shop does a 'bulletproof' coffee... i'd like to try one before committing.
Well, if it's a LITTLE crazy, I'll probably try it. I am almost Paleolithic now (diet), but dammit I love the berries.
Jason, I don't see any coffee shops listed: http://www.bulletproofexec.com/coffee/
Will let you know if I find any.
Milo: What are the odds? A brand new, revolutionary diet that promises results with no exercise, from a guy who's trying to turn a profit. The most informative page on that website is the disclaimer:
You are responsible for your own health. If you take anything you read from any web site, including this one, at face value, and then go off and try something you read about, without having appropriate safeguards and/or medical supervision, you will get what’s coming to you, which could include, but is not limited to: death, permanent disabilities, damage, headache, bad breath, or worse.
I still want to seek out the coffee.
I still want to know what you think about the coffee, Geege. :)
Until I experience the coffee and its effects firsthand, let me heartily recommend chia seeds. I'm feeling pretty amazingly energetic lately and the only thing I changed was the addition of chia seeds to my diet.
(Love that it's followed by "See Also: Chia Pet")