23 Scientifically-Backed Ways to Reduce Stress Right Now
Tina Miller, MA,CFLE stashed this in health
To save this post, select a stash from drop-down menu or type in a new one:
I love this list! All of these are quite simple & SCIENTIFICALLY-PROVEN!
Yeah, that figure seems rather low!
Actually, the top 10 are my favorites:
- Try progressive relaxation. All the way from fingers to toes— tense and then releaseeach muscle group in the body (lower arm, upper arm, chest, back and abdominals, etc.). Once the body is relaxed, the mind will be soon to follow !
- Try some light yoga. The combination of deep breathing techniques and poses makes this activity work to reduce stress, too .
- Meditate. The “mental silence” that goes along with meditation may have positive effects on stress (especially work-related stress)  .
- Breathe deep. Taking a deep breath has been shown to lower cortisol levels, which can help reduce stress and anxiety . Studies suggest deep breathing can also cause a temporary drop in blood pressure 
- Spark some scents. Studies suggest aromatherapy can be a good way to relieve stress. Certain aromas (like lavender) have been consistently shown to reduce stress levels.
- Listen to music. Research points to multiple ways in which music can help relieve stress, from triggering biochemical stress reducers to assisting in treating stress associated with medical procedures  .
- Laugh it off. Laughter can reduce the physical effects of stress (like fatigue) on the body  .
- Drink tea. One study found that drinking black tea leads to lower post-stress cortisol levels and greater feelings of relaxation .
- Exercise. That post-exercise endorphin rush is one way to sharply cut stress.
- Try guided visualization. Visualizing a calm or peaceful scene may help reduce stress and ease anxiety .
One more I like is #20:
Write it out. Keeping a journal may be one way to effectively relieve stress-related symptoms due to its meditative and reflective effects  . A gratitude journal can really help us put things in perspective, so pick a time every day to write down a few things that make you happy.