10 research-based steps to a happier life, by Eric Barker
Adam Rifkin stashed this in #happiness
Stashed in: #lifehacks, #health, Optimism, Science!, Advice, Life, Dreams!, Hope, Fitspo, Goals!, @bakadesuyo, Awesome, Meaning of Life, life, Top 10, Psychology!, The Internet is my religion., Friends!, Happiness, Life Hacks, Be here now., Happiness
Here's a summary of Eric's article:
1. Discuss meaningful things.
2. Find five or more friends you can discuss your problems with.
3. Celebrate peoples' good news, no matter how small.
4. Write down your hopes and dreams.
5. Live a month like it's your last.
6. Happiness is high during sex, exercise, or socializing, or while the mind is focused on the here and now, and low during commuting or while the mind is wandering.
7. Become a member of a group.
8. Set life goals -- both short-term and long-term.
9. Be optimistic.
10. Anticipating happiness will double your happiness.